Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Third times the charm...

Alright. So this is the third time I have tried to write and post my very first post. Maybe just maybe it will work!

So I want to do a quick intro into why I started my own blog after reading other peoples for years. But my iPhone does not think this is a good idea apparently. So I've decided that my intro post will be my second post. I hope!

This post I guess will have to be about why I chose the name for this blog. And my screen name.

So my screen name is Monsters Groom. Monster is one of the many horses I have groomed over the last 10 years. He is also one of the most recent. I LOVE Monster! I think he loves me back too. But in his own way. Monster is well a monster! He is the grumpiest, crankiest, bitchiest horse I have EVER come accross. Untill he is out of his stall. He turns from Jeckle into Hyde the moment his front feet leave his house. He is the sweetest, kindest, most caring horse I have ever met! I wouldn't say he is huggable but he is a care bear. At least to me. He is also the only horse I have ever had to groom standing on a rubbermaid stepstool. Monster is just shy of 18hh at 4 1/2 years old. I should also mention at this point that he is not a Shire nor a Clyde. Actual he has no draft blood at all. He is a reg. Selle Francais. To me he is perfect. He's the best horse in the crossties, he's so very easy to ride when you ask nicely and he has just the right amount of 'tude to fit with me. He is a ham for the camera. He loves his ladies! Just DON'T enter his stall. He will tell you off so fast! Teeth and legs a-flying! He is so big it's really hard for him to spook big. When I ride him I feel safe. I feel more comfortable on my Monster than the 15 hh Quarter horses I use to break and ride. He's so kind under saddle. I've even jumped him over baby jumps about 2'6. That's baby at my barn. Every chance I get I ride the Monster. I'm a fair weather rider these day. I would rather groom, bathe and set jumps for everyone else than ride. In the last 4-5 years I had ridden maybe 10 times. Untill I got on Monster. But that's another story.

Anyway back to the title of my blog. As it says this is my life, my love and all horses that have been along the journey. I kind of hope to tell at least one story about everyone and every horse that has made an impact on my life. I have pleanty of storys to tell and some pictures to post (once I get that figured out).


I hope you enjoy reading my blog and stories! I know I will enjoy writing them!

Untill tommorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment